We're currently hiring for:
- Customer Connector
for questions, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Youer is a dynamic and quickly growing e-commerce clothing brand based in Missoula and on the internet. We design and manufacture sustainable athletic apparel for those who identify as women, and we get it in the hands of our hard-charging customers. We’ve been in business for 7 years, but are very much a start-up so the right person will be adept at wearing many hats and familiar with small business culture, aka a certain amount of chaos.
Our tagline is ‘unlike any other’, and working with us will be no different. We don’t do business in a traditional way – we’re quirky, fun, and things move quickly. So buckle up! We’re looking for someone who is curious about the world around them, looking to grow and elevate within the company, and thrives on challenge. Working for us can be challenging, we’ll throw that out there right now! We’re young and we have a lot of fun, but we’re building new paths within Youer daily, and with growth comes challenge. If you want a predictable 9-5, then this is not the position for you.
This role is accountable for making sure customers have a stellar and memorable experience interacting with Youer, ensuring customer retention. This person is the link between our customers and our brand and we take that relationship very seriously. At Youer our customers are our community – they lift us up in so many ways beyond placing orders – this role keeps that relationship healthy.
(we’re big on accountability at Youer and use this term in place of ‘Roles and Responsibilities’)
- Digital customer service (email, social, web-based communication apps)
- Order handling & editing (using our Shopify-based web platform)
- Retail showroom – stock with product, and assist customers
- Organize and be part of occasional pop-up events – shopping/sales/film screenings/vendor markets/yoga classes etc.
- Fulfilment/warehouse + shipping
- Inventory handling – working directly with our Production Manager
- Shipment regulation – handling product deliveries (freight) and intake
- Product inspection, quality control
- Order fulfillment (pick, pack, ship) via shipping software
- Schedule courier pick-ups
- Processing customer returns & refunds
- Regular inventory counts
- We won’t all be in the same place all the time so the Customer Connector is expected to interact with the team via project mgmt. & file mgmt. apps like Trello, Slack, ZenDesk & Dropbox
Other duties as assigned
- The most eye-rolling part of a job description, but there will be many of these. Basically, everyone around here picks up slack when other teammates need it. You’ll definitely be asked to do things you’ve never done before.
The right Customer Connector will have
- Prior customer service experience, preferably in retail
- Significant experience with digital communication & data management systems
- The ability to learn quickly and move quickly
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly
- Excel skills – we don’t need you to be an excel wizard but you do need to know your way around some spreadsheets well.
- The ability to be self-directed
We would be stoked if you also have
- Experience working for an e-commerce or retail brand
- Experience working in Shopify
- Experience working on a remote team
- Experience working for a small business
- Experience working in a warehouse
This position is located at our warehouse in Missoula MT and is not available as a remote position.
25-30 hours a week with the possibility of growing into fulltime
Hourly pay, starting at $15/hr with a 90 day probationary period